Press Release: 5th Pan-Africanism Congress in Munich
Pan-Africanism Working Group Munich
Munich, October 8, 2015
Reclaiming African and Diasporean Voices!
The 5th Pan-Africanism Congress will take place in Munich, at “Das Schloss”, Schwere-Reiter-Strasse 15, 80637, on October 10 and 11.
Finally! Only two days from now, for the fifth time in Munich, the Pan-Africanism Congress will take place. This year’s motto is “Reclaiming African and Diasporean Voices!”.
We are very pleased to inform you that each and everyone of our invited guest speakers and artists will be present. This includes the activists-artists Sams’k Le Jah and Smockey, main protagonists of Burkina Faso’s revolution, who have been in grave danger during the military coup throughout the past weeks. There will also be a very special gueast, sponsor of our organization, Mrs. Mariam Sankara, widow of President Thomas Sankara, the father of Burkina Faso’s revolution.
International experts such as Professor Theophile Obenga from Congo, former research partner of Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, will utilize speeches, panel debates and film features to explore the following five key topics:
- Science and research from an African point of view
- Burkina Faso - a revolution of global political significance
- SOS! Enslavement of African people today (e.g. Mauritania)
- Looking back on the 5th Pan-Africanism Congress in Manchester 70 years ago and facing today’s challenges
- Refugee drama: responsibilities and challenges!
Read more … Press Release: 5th Pan-Africanism Congress in Munich